Instagram HappyNurtle

Thursday 17 July 2014

Review: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss!

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss - Tea Rose

I'm not sure if you guys know this yet, but I am a lipstick girl. Always have been and always will be. There is something about lip gloss that I can't quite fathom: it is sticky, doesn't wear long and is sheer. So why bother to use it? And I don't know about you guys but when I think about lip gloss, I think high school. It was a product every 14-17 year old had in their bag and being 21, I'm not to sure how that makes me feel.Well ladies and gents, there is always an exception to the rule, and this my friends is it. The NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss doesn't make me feel 15 again. It feels like a more mature lipgloss.

Let's begin with the formula. This lip gloss glides smoothly onto the lips. It isn't too thick and it isn't too thin in consistency. It is a lipgloss that is definitely not 15 year old sticky. It is a little tacky but definitely the least tacky gloss I have tried so far. It is also really pigmented for a lipgloss, probably one of the more pigmented lip glosses I have come across so far. The lipgloss also smells like candy - which is pretty juvenile - but definitely something I am not against as I love sweet scents. The scent doesn't linger for long though for those of you who are sensitive to scents.

The shade Tea Rose is a really gorgeous muted rose pink that is so feminine and natural. Since the formula is quite pigmented the colour definitely shows through when applied on the lips. It brightens the skin and brings warmth to the skin. It is such a lovely Spring shade in my opinion, but being a lovely neutral pink can definitely be used year round and look gorgeous! It is such a girly shade, I LOVE IT!

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss - Tea Rose Swatch
The swatch above shows the colour payoff when the gloss is applied heavily. The swatch below shows the colour payoff of the gloss when applied with a light hand.
The packaging of the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss is a light plastic. It does look a little juvenile but not so much you'd be afraid to take it out in public. The transparent tube is adorned by a black screw top lid which has a little bow on it. The shape of the doe foot applicator runs a little large. I feel for this gloss it is an advantage though. As the gloss has a medium consistency (I really don't know a better way to describe it) the larger foot makes it easier to distribute the product much more evenly. As it is bigger than your average doe foot applicator, I feel applying the gloss is much easier as I don't need to run the wand around as much.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss - Tea Rose

I really enjoy using this lip gloss. I even like applying it to the centre of my lips on top of lipstick to make my lips appear bigger. Usually I would be bothered at the idea of doing this as I don't like the feeling of lip gloss on my lips, but as I said since this one is just really nice, making me reach for gloss much more than I ever thought I would.

Have you ever tried NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses? Did you enjoy them too and if so, which shades did you like?

Love,
Nur x

No comments:

Post a Comment