Instagram HappyNurtle

Saturday 25 October 2014

NYX Makeup Haul! + Review of NYX Blotting Powder in the shade Deep

NYX Makeup Haul!

If you follow my blog or YouTube channel regularly, you should know by now how much I absolutely adore the brand! Target was having a 30% off sale on NYX so I HAD to pick up a few items! And by a few, I mean a whole face full of makeup! I'll talk about the items briefly then do a full review on the NYX Blotting Powder. So let's start this post with a lippie and one of my favourites of the brand, and a cult classic, the Soft Matte Lip Creams (which I swatched and reviewed in a video in the link provided). I already have 3 in my collection and decided to add a true nude shade from the collection. Cannes is a new shade released this year which I had been waiting to pick up but hadn't seen it in store yet, but as I saw it online I decided to purchase it right away!

I also bought some face products! I purchased four blushers, two of their infamous powder blushes in shades Mocha and Pinched as well as two gorgeous cream blushers in the shades Tea Rose and Orange. I also bought a matte bronzer in the shade Deep Tan and an illuminator in the shade Narcissistic.

I finally purchased the NYX eyeshadow base in the shade Skin Tone and an eye shadow palette! I chose to buy the Love in Paris Palette in the shade Je Ne Sais Quoi. I absolutely adore the warm gold and brown shades and the beautiful deep berry shade.

I also bought a darker shade of the NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer. I already own the shade beige, but that unfortunately is a little light for my skin tone right now, so I purchased the snade Tan. I also decided to pick up the raved about Wonder Pencil in the shade Dark to tight line my waterline and possibly use as a spot concealer too.

I also picked up a back up of my favourite eyebrow pencil in Charcoal and retractable lip liner in the shade Nude Pink. It looks like the perfect nude for any complexion so I had to try it!

Lastly, I purchased the NYX Blotting Powder in the shade Deep. I LOVE THIS! I have only used it for over a day and it's fantastic! I like to blot with blotting paper before applying it. It keeps me matte for hours after applicvation and makes me look matte but not flat. The colour Deep looks much too dark for me in the pan but once applied, it is much sheerer and barely adds any coverage which is definitely what I like about it. I did feel like it gave me a bronzed look after the second application, but it wasn't anything strange, it was actually quite flattering.

The powder itself is also beautiful to apply. It is really smooth and finely milled and easily glides over the skin. Because it is really finely milled it is very soft and crumbles easily so I do suggest being gentle with the powder.

NYX Blotting Powder in the shade Deep

NYX Blotting Powder in the shade Deep

NYX Blotting Powder in the shade Deep - Swatch

Alright guys, that is the end of my first review! I will be following this post with reviews of all the other products over the next couple weeks.

Love,
Nur x

No comments:

Post a Comment